For some reason I have the feeling, that his week has been slower than the previous one. However, one of the most important news was done by Sony, when they informed about the PSP2 and the future of Playstation and Android. Check my previous post for some more details and links. Well, here is the picks of the week number 4 (yay! A whole month already :-D) Thanks to all the readers out there!
- Last week I shared with you a collection of SCRUM resources. Here is a collection of starting your own indie game studio resources from the same guy.
- There has been a lot of discussion about the penetration rates of Unity (for web) against Flash. In my opinion this is not as big an issue as some make it to be. Read an article about the case.
- Indie Games blog notified of opening of a new website for indie companies to ask for funding. The new site is called 8-bit Funding and is available worldwide. Also read my short commentary on the case.
- Here is something that… takes your breath away! Wolfenstein 1D!
- Indie Games (again!) had an interesting interview with a musician Chris Schlarb on doing the soundtrack of a game called NightSky. Read a short article and check out the interview. Notice the beautiful music playing on the background.
- Do you have problems with strange bugs that appear in your programs? Don’t understand why some things don’t go the way you want. You know, logging is a wise decision, but those black and white lines get eventually quite boring to go through. How about using web technologies to make your logging a lot more nicer?
- Wired had a post of 10 weird guiness world records for games.
- Lets pretended that you still haven’t got enough of Minecraft (or you don’t STILL know what the heck it is). The Escapist Magazine website has a video review of Minecraft by Zero Punctuation. It’s not your basic boring informative review, but something else.
- The date for the 7DRL Challenge 2011 has been chosen. What’s that you say. Well, it is a challenge to write a roguelike game in just 7 days. For those who don’t bother to read more, it is between 05.03-13.03.2011.